SR 811/Dixie Highway Landscape Improvements
The SR 811/Dixie Highway project corridor is a north-south urban minor arterial traversing through four municipalities (Wilton Manors, Oakland Park, Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach) and within the designated boundaries of the City of Oakland Park Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA).
Scope of services include:
- Milling and resurface existing roadway pavement in order to extend the pavement life.
- Upgrade signing and pavement markings to current MUTCD and FDOT standards.
- Provide ADA and safety enhancements in accordance with PPM and D4 3R Guidelines.
- Signalization upgrades including installation of video detection equipment, replacement of existing pedestrian signals with countdown type features and proper location of pedestrian recall pushbuttons.
- Landscaping/hardscaping improvements consistent with 3R budgetary limitations and subject to concurrence and maintenance agreements with affected municipalities.
- Evaluation of the existing lighting system for the project corridor and preparation of a Lighting Analysis Report and Design, upon approval by the Department, for a new lighting system from SR 816 (Oakland Park Blvd to NE 40th Ct).Crash Barrier retrofit on Bridge 860031. Upgrade of pedestrian railing and work along the approach slab in order to continue the barrier wall.
- Evaluation of existing bus stop locations for ADA compliance and conformance to District 4 Transit Facilities Guidelines and FDOT Design Standards.
- Upgrade and/install loops and equipment at four TMS Sites within the project corridor.
Broward County, Florida
Florida Department of Transportation | District 4
Surveying & Mapping